Department: Architecture Team
Reporting to: Architecture Lead
To be a high quality and professional Technical Architect, working with Pre-Sales and Technical SMEs, responsible for technical design to best practices within Cloud and Managed Services business. Taking ownership of solutions at a technical level, ensuring cloud platform technologies are fully resilient, fit for purpose, automatable, and technically sound. Introducing and testing new technologies, from Lab to Prod. Working with Product Management to expand our product catalogue, innovating to find technologies suitable to deliver the required business outcomes, in a supportable fashion.
Converting non-standard opportunities into standard modules where possible.
Delivering projects across the whole life cycle, authoring technical documents including HLD/LLD, working with internal and external stakeholders, eventually delivering outputs to feed into Operational processes.
Key result areas
- Work with internal stakeholders to take inputs (Pre-Sales Pipeline, Cloud Platforms) and author designs, producing outputs (HLD/LLD, Operational Procedures) to be fed to the Technical Teams for BAU.
- Build proof of concepts for demonstrating functionality & suitability for solutions both standard and non-standard, and to pilot new areas of technological growth, feeding back results to the business for commercialisation.
- Work with external stakeholders, such as suppliers, forming strong relationships and maintaining oversight of any work to ensure in keeping with Blue Chip standards, folding any supplier delivered work back into the overall solution.
- Be aware of solutions from a business perspective and understand the key deliverables, the risks, the priorities including highlighting areas of concern where necessary.
- Work with customer SMEs to ratify their specific requirements within the solution, highlighting anything that is deviating from the contract/solution proposal documentation, allowing for scope validation or upsell opportunities.
- Work with Project Managers and planners to define the type and number of resources required to deliver the project and providing input into the key milestones and overall plan to hit deadlines.
- Work as Technical Design Authority to validate documentation created by project teams and ensure it is consistent and competent.
- Build and nurture relationships on multiple levels including where appropriate white-boarding presentations or workshops to inform technology roadmaps and designs.
- Mitigate risk by ensuring the recommended solutions are fit for purpose and complementary to existing solutions and within BC’s capability or that of our trusted partners.
- Technically lead assignments ensuring design solutions meet the customer contractual requirements and where required, lead virtual teams to achieve appropriate outcomes and deliverables.
- Work closely with the Product Team to ensure any new service offerings are technically validated, and to feedback technical / toolset roadmaps from vendors.
Key personal requirements
- Excellent documentation skills working to a recognised industry standard (High- and Low-Level Designs, Build Documents, Procedure Guides, Test Plans)
- Have strong demonstrable experience across four streams and be an expert in one primary technology stream from the following:
o Private & Public Cloud Technical Architectures and best practices
o Cloud Migration Tooling (example Zerto, NetBrain, LiveOptics)
o Virtualisation (ideally VMWare) solutions and best practices
o Networking Design (WAN, LAN/Data Centre, Cisco, Nokia, F5)
o Firewalls, Check Point/ASA, IDS/IPS, Proxies (Clearswift, BlueCoat)
o Infrastructure Automation, Ansible, Python, Powershell, API integrations (example REST)
o Enterprise Management Tools, Splunk, Alteris, ELK
o Security products, solutions, and regulatory / compliance requirements e.g., PCI DSS, Data Security, DDoS mitigation
o SANs, Enterprise or mid-range Storage and associated data management and recovery options
o IBM i, AIX
o Operating systems – (Windows flavours /Windows Clustering), Linux (RHEL / CentOS / Ubuntu)
o Backup solutions and technologies
o Disaster Recovery Designs, automation approaches, hands on experiences
- Knowledgeable of business and compliance frameworks (ITIL, ISO27001, SOC2, PCI DSS)
- Relevant and lengthy proven business experience in all aspects of IT
- Ability to build good working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Proven Customer relationship skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, white board and presentations)
- Ability to take ownership of and progress issues to resolution and work under pressure.
- Business analysis skills to understand and expand customer requirements.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to adapt to current technologies for requirements where and when necessary.
- Good problem solving and decision ability.
- Commercial and technology awareness
If you’d like to apply, click the button below.