Department: Managed Lead
Location: Franklin Court
Reporting to: Head of operations
Responsible for: Service Delivery and Project Management Teams
Hours: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours
Blue Chip | Service Express
Now in our fourth decade, Blue Chip provides businesses with mission-critical IT support and infrastructure behind many of the largest brands in the UK. Specialising in mission-critical systems through our Tier III and Tier IV by design data centres, we provide the e-commerce backbone for high street retailers whilst managing 10% of the UK’s banking traffic, keeping business running all over the world. From hardware and hosting to software and support, we work to advance IT – making it work harder for businesses.
As the Lead of the Service Delivery (SDM) and Project Manager (PM) teams, you will be responsible for coordinating the activities of Projects, Service Delivery Managers and Key Account Managers to ensure the business goals are achieved and to deliver a high level of customer service excellence.
Responsibilities include maintaining a thorough knowledge of our business and offerings, developing and implementing strategic plans to grow accounts, managing and strengthening client relationships, identifying new business opportunities, and coordinating with internal teams to deliver on client expectations.
The role will ensure that the clients’ satisfaction is at the forefront and will collate data on customer satisfaction, inquiries, complaints and create strategies to maintain or improve on project and service delivery.
To assess the individual and collective performance of the team members as well as provide positive engagement, leadership and mentoring of the team.
Key result areas:
- Lead and manage the creation and implementation of policies and procedures for the SDM and PM teams
- Ensure that policies and plans formulated are in line with the business goals
- Ensure that the policies and plans are implemented achieve the stated objectives
- Assist in hiring and training the members of the SDM and PM teams
- Organise and lead meetings with the SDM and PM teams and wider business functions
- Be the decision maker for the SDM and PM teams, taking into account input from the team members and business functions
- Prepare periodic reports and present such reports to the senior management
- Make recommendations for policy or customer engagement strategies
- Develop strategies to maintain and/or improve on the quality of service delivery
- Develop strategies to aid in increasing profit and minimise cost incurred across the business service functions
- Maintain positive relationships with our customers, our business functions and the team members
- Effectively managing HR activities including holidays, sickness and absence in line with the company policies.
- Actively conduct monthly and annual reviews and document as appropriate In line with the business
- Development relationships with Leads, Directors and other teams to enable a smooth working operation.
- Managing staff effectiveness
- Supporting of recruitment for the team /and support any exit of staff if required
- Strive to develop team engagement and motivation
- Support directors and drive business goals and strategy
- Assess the individual and collective performance of the SDM and teams
- Identify customer needs and oversee service delivery within the business context
- Assess customer feedback and creativity establish, improve, and refine services
- Lead the service delivery team, manage conflict, and ensure the team’s processes and tasks are carried out efficiently
- Carry out regular research and attend seminars to learn improved service delivery procedures and processes. Innovation is necessary to succeed in this role
- Use of the ITIL framework and practices for Service Management
- To understand and fulfil the responsibilities for secure management of personal data of both internal and external customers in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018
Key personal requirements
- A strong customer service/experience/satisfaction background with at least 5 years in a senior SDM role
- Understanding of the customer journey and the importance of delivering great customer service is essential
- A technology understanding of a managed service and/or cloud service environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills with strong customer service skills and a passion for finding solutions to enhance performance
- Good influencer with an ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels
- Well-organised with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- People management skills to lead, motivate, coach and lead team members
- Effectively manage team members from entry to exit.
- Ability to identify, monitor and maintain resources required to achieve the key results areas.
- Ability to maintain good practice and lead improvements within the function in terms of services, systems, processes and tools
- Be a good listener and have the ability to listen and to provide support where needed
If you’d like to apply, click the button below.