Department: Technical Services
Reports to: Network & Security Lead
To be responsible for the design, implementation and support of Blue Chip and customer systems and solutions based on the Network and security platforms, including Disaster Recovery; providing support to customers and client personnel as part of contracted managed service contracts; supporting Sales and Client Services teams.
- Design, implement and support Blue Chip internal systems based on Network and Security platforms.
- Design, implement and support the Disaster Recovery process for Blue Chip internal network based systems.
- Provide assistance to internal sales staff in pre and post sales activities as it relates to the provision of Network & Security based services.
- To provide assistance and support to customers and client personnel as part of the services covered by Network and Security service contracts.
- Provide support, guidance and assistance to internal and external personnel in the use of Network and Security technology and connectivity solutions.
- Ongoing support to Client Services in delivering contracted services.
- Maintain currency with design & best practice enhancements and emerging technologies.
- Designing and implementing solutions based on Network & Security platforms.
- Supporting Client Services in pre-sales customer facing activities, providing high quality technical design and proposal documentation.
- Work closely with other team members to implement projects.
- Training of other team members to ensure service and project delivery is maintained at all times.
- Resolving support calls and attending customer sites as appropriate.
- Provide 3rd level support to all contracted services customers.
- To undertake training as discussed and agreed in order to ensure up to date knowledge for Cisco and Checkpoint Support is maintained.
- Assist Client Services with provision of knowledge and/or documentation in support of contracted services.
- Provision of automated routines to assist with the requirements of contracted services remote and hosted support contracts as requested by the Technical and Function Leads or Client Services.
- Undertake other related tasks as requested by the Technical Lead.
Skills & attributes:
- At least 6+ years experience, able to demonstrate taking ownership and designing solutions to meet the customers needs
- Minimum qualifications such as Cisco CCNP certified in ether Routing and Switching and/or Data Centre
- Check Point certified to CCSE (CCSA will be considered)
- Routing technologies (BGP, OSPF) including VRF
- Switching technologies (VPC, Spanning Tree, Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K and 2K. Catalyst 6500 & 4500 series Switches)
- Load balancing technologies
- Experience with VMWare
- Demonstrable Linux experience
- Demonstrable Alcatel Lucent SROS experience
- Proven track record of supporting WAN/LAN based network services
- Experience of network security & firewalls (Cisco & Checkpoint products)
- Extensive knowledge & use of Microsoft applications (inc. VISIO)
- Experience of using network management & diagnostic tools
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues using Wireshark/Tcpdump.
- Conform to Blue Chip procedures / policies
- Ability to produce technical documents & procedures
- Experience in responding to RFP, RFQ or other Bid documentation
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to motivate staff and foster collaboration
- Identify personal development / training for team
- Mentoring of team members
- Excellent problem determination, analytical and resolution skills
- Transformation & automation of repetitive tasks
- Excellent communication skills internally & externally
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
- Excellent customer facing skills (professional & confident)
- Sharing Expertise and knowledge with other engineers
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Time management skills
- Willingness to work unsociable hours
- Be aware & adopt inter-related technologies
If you’d like to apply, click the button below.