Reporting to: Maintenance Director
Responsible for: Field Engineering/Logistics/Call despatch/WENG-Workshop/Technical Support
Provide strong leadership and ownership of the Engineering Technical Services Team (including Field Engineering, Logistics, Call Despatch, WENG-Workshop, Technical Support. The role will work closely with the commercial staff, technical support lead, and third parties and organise our engineer teams to take on new services quickly and efficiently. You will be required to act upon your own initiative to identify and implement new strategies and efficiencies which will reduce our costs or support growth in line with business objectives to grow profitably and customer satisfaction.
Key result areas:
- Lead, own and manage all activities for Engineering and support and service delivery functions within the organisation.
- Maintain high levels of technical and a quality service consistently for our customers
- Ensure integrity between all functions of the engineering team and resolve people disputes quickly and efficiently
- Develop individuals to achieve required accreditations and standards.
- Identify, monitor, and maintain resources required within the Engineering team
- Own, monitor and manage tasks (requests, incidents, changes, problems, on boarding of new customers and project related work) and ensure they are appropriately owned and communicated to customer.
- Manage, prioritise and allocate all calls/emails to Engineering team working in unison with the Engineering supervisor.
- Maintain good practice within the function and lead improvements within the function in terms of services, systems, processes and tools.
- Escalation owner for all aspects of engineering maintenance, call management and maintenance contract administration.
- Weekly reporting of team progress to Director
- To ensure excellent customer service is demonstrated and embedded within the team.
- Oversee and provide support to the Engineering/Dispatch Supervisor and Logistics supervisor in the administrative function of the teams
- To liaise and co-operate with other technical leads within technical services in achieving the organisational goals.
- Ensure the implementation of best practice and compliance with internal procedures, routines and protocol including security, safety and regulatory.
- Effectively manage HR activities including holidays, sickness and absence in line with the company policies.
- Have an active role in setting the strategic imperatives and goals and look at ways of improvements within the team
- Development relationships with Leads, Directors and other teams to enable a smooth working operation.
- Managing staff effectiveness
- Supporting of recruitment for the team /and support any exit of staff if required.
- Managing Costs and having awareness of costs within the department
- Support directors and drive business goals and strategy
Key personal requirements
- PPeople management skills to lead, motivate, coach and lead team members
- Effectively manage team members from entry to exit.
- Ability to identify, monitor and maintain resources required to achieve the key results areas.
- Ability to maintain good practice and lead improvements within the function in terms of services, systems, processes and tools.
- Ensure excellent customer service is demonstrated and embedded within the team.
- Ability to liaise and co-operate with other leads within the business to achieve the organisational goals.
- To be able to develop relationships with multiple contacts within key strategic customers.
- Be a good listener and have the ability to listen and to provide support where needed
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and complete in a timely manor
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Ability to manage projects and workload effectively and on time
- Skilled influencer building strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Willingness to work across the business to “get involved” and be visible in the business
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to innovate, adopt and implement new ideas
- Ability to make effective and measured decisions and implement where necessary
- Ability to be responsive to change and act accordingly
- Ability to conform and apply consistently Blue Chip processes and policies
- Excellent planning skills
- Maintain continuous professional development
If you’d like to apply, click the button below.