Location: Bedford office
Reporting to: Product Team Lead
Hours: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours
Blue Chip | Service Express
Now in our fourth decade, Blue Chip provides businesses with mission-critical IT support and infrastructure behind many of the largest brands in the UK. Specialising in mission-critical systems through our Tier III and Tier IV by design data centres, we provide the e-commerce backbone for high street retailers whilst managing 10% of the UK’s banking traffic, keeping business running all over the world. From hardware and hosting to software and support, we work to advance IT – making it work harder for businesses.
The Junior Product Manager is responsible for product planning, delivery, and marketing through the product lifecycle for an assigned set of Blue Chip services. They will develop a vision and roadmap for each service based on input from internal stakeholders, customers, and market research. They will help identify potential new services, generating product service requirements & sales collateral, and ensuring current and new services are commercially viable.
Key result areas:
- Collaborating with the Product Team to define Service Visions.
- Assessing existing and implementing new Service objectives and KPIs for assigned Blue Chip services.
- Manage the assigned services throughout its lifecycle from concept to sunsetting.
- Building internal and external roadmaps for assigned Blue Chip services
- Working closely with and collecting feedback from internal stakeholders, customers, and market segment.
- Producing and maintaining Product collateral such as Service Definitions, Product Canvases, Competitor, Market & SWOT analysis.
- Producing and maintaining Sales collateral in conjunction with the Marketing team
- Promote the service to the Sales team through training sessions, presentations, and other mechanisms.
- Overcoming challenges, and keeping stakeholders informed to ensure strict timescales are met.
- To understand and fulfil the responsibilities for secure management of personal data of both internal and external customers in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018
Key personal requirements
- Ability to work with commercial and technical leads on availability, capacity, security, continuity, performance and automation based on customer requirements
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills (verbal, written & presentation)
- Ability to work alone and within a team, including knowledge sharing and mentoring
- Ability to build good working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Ability to think strategically
- Attention to detail, accurate data gathering, and ability to see trends in data
- Proven track record in working effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Proven customer relationship skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Adobe Toolsets
- High standard of documentation production (sales and marketing, technical and commercial collateral)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good problem solving and decision ability
- Commercial awareness
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
If you’d like to apply, click the button below.