Department: Technical Services
Reporting to: Intel BAU Supervisor
To provide Intel Level 1 support for all internal and external customer requests ensuring the delivery of exceptional service to our customers 24/7. To contact customers on 1st level response.
Managing the daily operational tasks for our Managed Service customers, including incident, change and request. Monitoring alerts, raising calls and resolving tickets in a timely manner or escalate where necessary to 2nd line.
A technical team to provide first line customer support 24 hours a day.
- To primarily provide level 1 Intel technical support and work as part of a team providing 24/7 Intel Level one cover
- To provide out of hours 1st line support for Networks, Unix, Itheon team escalating to the necessary resolver group
- To develop Intel technical skills working alongside the Intel Team
- To identify automation opportunities within the Intel Operational team
- To provide support handling customer emails raising incidents, changes and requests for Blue Chips managed Service Desk function 24×7.
Key result areas
- To be able to proactively resolve 1st level incidents.
- Ensure processes and procedures are followed at all times to deliver robust exceptional service to all customers.
- To pass incident tickets not resolved within the given time frame effectively to the senior Intel team.
- To establish and maintain high levels of call ownership.
- To manage and progress all calls to a satisfactory conclusion, using the Blue Chip call management system, ensuring that appropriate parties are kept up to date on call progress.
- To understand customer business requirements and to facilitate the provision of exceptional customer service.
- Utilise the capabilities of the internal Service Desk systems, ensuring incidents or requests have enough detail to be able to escalate to the next level.
- Own, manage and implement incidents, changes and service requests in line with SLA’s to a high level to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist with any project work that requires operational input.
- Deliver required shift cover, as described in the T&Cs of 12 hours shift rota covering 24×7.
- To be fully conversant with the core functionality of the Blue Chip support systems including backup and patching technologies.
- Utilise our monitoring and system management tools to make sure customers experience a continuous service.
- To constantly review working practices and process and propose service improvements for customers and Blue Chip.
- Manage the NOC during the night shift and at weekends.
- Monitor BMS and Performance management board.
- Deliver hands and eyes tasks out of core business hours and weekends.
- Manage tapes whilst working at the data centres.
- Manage PCI access including keys, checking cabinets and escorting when required out of core business hours.
- To establish a quality working relationship with end users and ensure that their problems and requests are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- To recognise when to escalate issues and opportunities in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable company policies and procedures, ensuring agreed SLAs are attained in all areas.
- To have clear and consistent communication with other team members.
- To monitor and manage Itheon alerts as per procedures including the raising and assignment of incidents when required.
- To understand and fulfil the responsibilities for secure management of personal data of both internal and external customers in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Key personal requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical clients and staff at all organisational levels.
- Understanding of Intel technologies including but not limited to Windows Server Operating Systems, Backup Systems, Patching Systems etc.
- High levels of commitment and ability to take action when necessary.
- High levels of customer service skills.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures, attention to detail, ability to prioritise a varied and busy work load and be a quick learner.
- Previous operational experience required.
- Flexible attitude towards work; working additional hours when required at short notice to meet business needs.
- Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service.
- An ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential.
- Contributes skills and capabilities to achieve the team’s goals. Is receptive to new ideas, builds strong working relationships and values diversity.
- Encourages and gives credit to others for their contributions and puts the attainment of team goals ahead of individual objectives.
- Flexibility, open to change and able to multi-task.
- Passion and commitment to engaging customers and stakeholders.
- Positive and enthusiastic, even when faced with challenges or conflicting priorities.
If you’d like to apply, click the button below.