Location: Field based, Midlands, Birmingham
Reporting to: Director of Infrastructure and Data Centres
To provide a full installation, maintenance, and repair service to Blue Chip customers’ Information Technology equipment in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
Predominately working in an assigned area with customer responsibilities, able to support the business in other areas when required. To be available to cover and support the Field Engineers carrying out their duties in their absence.
Build good relationships with our Engineers and support staff to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
Maintenance and repair of customer’s Information Technology equipment.
Manage calls to ensure that customer SLA’s are achieved.
Build good relationships with our customers.
Install hardware upgrades and new systems.
Perform site audits and surveys to ensure customers installed equipment and features match Blue Chips inventory.
Participate in engineers on call rota and working outside of core times will be required so a certain level of overtime will be expected.
Perform System Health Checks and installing TSS monitoring system.
Key result areas
- Systems: All IBM Systems, EMC, Dell, HP, SUN, Lenovo and Net Apps
- SAN Equipment: All Brands
- Network Communication Equipment
- Printer Hardware Servicing
- UPS hardware Servicing
- TSS Software, Installation, Configuration
- Disaster Recovery support
- Problem determination, analytical and resolution skills
- Demonstrate initiative
- Knowledge share within team
- To understand and fulfil the responsibilities for secure management of personal data of both internal and external customers in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018
Key Personal Requirements
- Experience of Systems, Servers, San environments and Tape systems
- Adaptability willing to take on new equipment
- Team player willing to support others and the business
- To work closely with technical support on new products and integration into the field
- Good communicator at all levels especially with our customers and helpdesks
- Leads by example
- Commercial awareness
- Be able to pass on knowledge and identify improvements required in our capability to carry out the maintenance function
- Time management skills