Reporting to: Maintenance Technical Services Lead
Responsible for: Field engineers
The Engineering Supervisor is responsible for service delivery and providing front-line leadership to the field engineering teams and oversees the day-to-day operations of our Field Service teams and works closely with our MTSTL and SMD to ensure customer satisfaction and long-term business relationships with our customers.
Key result areas:
- Lead, own and manage all activities for Engineering and support functions within the organisation.
- Provide support to team members within the function.
- Ensure integrity between all functions of the engineering team and resolve people disputes quickly and efficiently
- Maintain and conduct effective bi-annual performance reviews with team members in line with the HR strategy.
- Develop individuals to achieve required accreditations and standards.
- Identify, monitor and maintain resources required within the Engineering team
- Own, monitor and manage tasks (requests, incidents, changes, problems, on boarding of new customers and project related work) and ensure they are appropriately owned and communicated to customer.
- Maintain good practice within the function and lead improvements within the function in terms of services, systems, processes and tools.
- Escalation owner for all aspects of engineering maintenance.
- Weekly reporting of project to MTSTL
- To ensure excellent customer service is demonstrated and embedded within the team.
- Actively conduct monthly and annual reviews and document as appropriate In line with the company process
- Strive to develop team engagement and motivation
- Effectively manage HR activities including holidays, sickness and absence in line with the company policies
- To support technical leads within technical services in achieving the organisational goals.
- Ensure the implementation of best practice and compliance with internal procedures, routines and protocol including security, safety and regulatory.
- To understand and fulfil the responsibilities for secure management of personal data of both internal and external customers in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Key personal requirements
- Previous Management experience
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to demonstrate people leadership
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to identify training needs and to ensure correct training is delivered to ensure skills continuity.
- Ability to innovate, adopt and implement new ideas
- Ability to make effective and measured decisions and implement where necessary
- Ability to be responsive to change and act accordingly
- Ability to conform and apply consistently Blue Chip processes and policies
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Experience managing third party sub-contractor suppliers
- Maintain continuous professional development
- Willingness to collaborate with all departments
If you’d like to apply, click the button below.