Virtual Tape Library Solutions
Blue Chip's Virtual Tape Library (VTL) is a disk based data storage virtualisation technology used typically for backup and recovery purposes. It can emulate most tape drives and libraries to significantly improve backup processes.
Backing up to disk enables faster backup speeds and recovery times for organisations struggling to meet their ever decreasing backup windows which makes a Virtual Tape Library (VTL) is a must have solution for organisations requiring reliable and fast back up solutions.
Blue Chip's VTL also offers the option of replicating your business critical data offsite to our secure and resilient Data Centre. This cost effective offsite replication element can be complimented with Disaster Recovery Solutions within Blue Chip's Recovery Centres.
The benefits of VTL from Blue Chip:
- Simple and flexible deployment
- Easy to use wizards for ongoing management
- Scalable for inevitable future data growth
- Little or no change to backup model required
- Emulates over 50 tape libraries and 30 tape drive formats.
- Can emulate up to 128 virtual libraries, 1024 virtual drives and 65,536 virtual tapes
- Sophisticated deduplication solution optimises storage and extends data retention.
- WAN optimised replication reduces network requirements by 90% or more.
- Replicates data offsite instantly.
- 256-bit AES encryption secures data in flight
- Eliminates tape transport costs and reduces carbon footprint
- Instant and rapid local recovery
- DR site up, running and functional without delay awaiting backup media delivery
- Helps eliminate risk of backup failures by automating backups and eliminating tape handling
- Compatible with all Windows, UNIX, Linux and IBM® i series systems
Please call today to speak to a Data Availability Specialist on 01234 224400 or Contact Us.